Here is the recipe for the cookies. I found this recipe here: http://white-bean.blogspot.com/2007/10/pumpkin-spiced-iced-cookies.html. It really is a good recipe and I will be making it a lot more. The key to making these just right is to NOT over cook them! (this side note is for Chely)
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs15 oz. Libby 100% pure pumpkin
2 cups (12 oz. package) Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Vanilla Glaze: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 Tblsp milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract in a small bowl. Mix well.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
3.Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by the rounded tablespoons onto foiled covered baking sheets
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes ( i baked mine 16 minutes) or until edges are slightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes; ( i immediately removed them from the cookie sheet)remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Drizzle or spread the vanilla glaze on top of cookies.(Makes about 4 dozen cookies)
Well time is up for me, Jace is up from his nap and is not feeling well today so I need to go help him.